Certification Course attendees receive 15 hours of instruction over 8 weeks through a blended e-learning solution using facilitated group learning, online video training, and interaction with our Just Culture Company Advisor team. Looking for the 3-Day option? Click here.
October 13 – December 8, 2022
Thursdays, 12:00 pm EDT/EST
October 13 from 12:00 – 1:00 EDT
Online, self-paced learning:
Weeks of Oct 20, 27
Nov 3, 10, 17, (Thanksgiving week off) Dec 1, 8, from 12:00 to 1:30 EDT
ABOUT THE 8 WEEK E-LEARNING JUST CULTURE CERTIFICATION COURSE:
Become a deep subject matter expert in Just Culture
Our “teachable, learnable” approach prepares individuals to master Just Culture concepts and apply the Just Culture Algorithm™ in a consistent and replicable fashion, driving improvement in behavioral choices and system design.
Through interactive, scenario-based training, our e-Learning Just Culture Certification Courses provide leaders with the skills to realize improvements in accountability, safety, and performance for their organization.
Whether your organization is contemplating a Just Culture journey or is already on the way, the Just Culture Certification Course will help you build the subject matter expertise that supports a strong, sustainable implementation. Enroll as a single learner or bring a team!
Course Benefits Include:
- 15 hours of instruction over 8 weeks
- Access to The Just Culture Company’s e-Learning Platform
- Printed copy of The Just Culture Algorithm™ v. 4.0
- Printed copy of Dave’s Sub’s: A Novel Story about Workplace Accountability
- Eligibility to sit for the Just Culture Certification Exam, leading to certification as a Just Culture Champion.
- 12-month enrollment in The Just Culture Community of Learners, a monthly one-hour webinar for Just Culture Champions to continue case-based learning and hear guest faculty share implementation and sustainability pearls.
- Identify how the disciplines of human factors; behavioral economics, system engineering, and law inform the principles of Just Culture
- Describe five behaviors that serve as markers of human intention and the role of managers & organizations in shaping these behaviors
- List attributes of robust system design
- Describe 3 duties that inform an employee’s obligations and on-the-job performance
- Identify elements of a sound threshold (or event) investigation
- Identify pathways within the Just Culture Algorithm™ used to evaluate specific breaches of duty
- Using case studies, apply just culture principles and identify conclusions supported by the Just Culture Algorithm™
- Discuss how evaluations arising from the Just Culture Algorithm™ contribute to better system design, improve cultural norms, and reduce risk proactively
The 8-WEEK FORMAT:
PHASE ONE (WEEKS 1-3)
WEEK1: One hour live-hosted orientation with your Just Culture Advisor and cohort members.
WEEK 2: Four hours of online learning in 17 self-paced, interactive introductory modules that conclude with a 25-question post-test. You’ll finish this computer-assisted learning with a working vocabulary of Just Culture concepts and be ready to join your virtual cohort members for application and scenario-based learning in Phase 2. This portion of the training is approved for 4 hours of continuing education for Registered Nurses by a provider recognized by the California Board of Nursing.
WEEK 3: Two hours of introductory video learning. Presented by David Marx, the discussion will allow you to appreciate Just Culture as model at the intersection of American Jurisprudence, Human Factors, Systems Engineering and Behavioral Economics.
PHASE TWO (WEEKS 4-8)
You’ll join five weekly 90-minute, live-hosted webinars with The Just Culture Company’s Advisor and a real-time peer group. Each session includes case-based scenarios, advanced strategies for conducting and using Threshold Investigations, and practice applying the Just Culture Algorithm. Sessions conclude with an at-home assignment, designed to help you assess and apply the Just Culture system of workplace justice to norms in your workplace. At-home assignments are estimated to require 30 minutes per week to complete. Advisors host 30 minutes of optional Office Hours each week.
“I found the e-learning more engaging than actual classroom learning. Discussions and case scenarios flowed well as the small sized break rooms allowed everyone to share their thoughts.”
“This course was time well spent for a senior clinician like myself, and I wished I had access to it at an earlier stage in my career.”
“In a culturally diverse, high risk industry, it is important to ensure respect for our differences while also addressing the requirements of the organization and needs of those we serve. Just Culture provides the tools to enable us to do just that.”
“Presents an organized and fair approach to challenging personnel issues.”
“The course has helped me to be a better board member, a better manager, and a better colleague. It’s given me a deeper way to think through the organizational systems I participate in, and how people – including myself – are responding to them.”
“I can state unequivocally that the Just Culture work we have performed with The Just Culture Company on improving our learning culture has been transformative. Their approach is incredibly engaging.”